Email pop ups for open email

Exocet120

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello,
After research on internet, I still haven't found a solution.
At each mail that I want to read with Outlook 2010 and Incredimail, there's a pop-up with the question if I want to open, downloading the mail. If I cancel Outlook shows me the mail normally, but Incredimail shows me an new window of IE (which is not my default browser, that's Chrome) with an cancelled web page annoncement, so I can't see my email as long i ask to download or open the mail >> mail that is located on pc already
I've verified my settings of mail program and Avast program
I use the following programs

Windows XP SP2
Office 2010
Zonealarm
Avast
Malwarebytes
Ad aware
All my programs are up to date

Thanks for your support!

Why are you using so many spyware/antivirus programs. Run one at a time. And you are on SP2, which is not really up-to-date.

And why use both email clients? Just use Outlook. You have way too much stuff running on the PC, simplify. This is how people cause their nice fast machines to run like a 10 yr old one.

If you have a router, you don't need zonealarm. If you use malwarebytes you don't need ad aware. If you use Outlook or email, why bother with Incredimail?

Exocet120

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello, thank you for your reply
First of all, my mistake Windows XP SP3 is running not SP2, sorry about that.
Well, concerning Malware and ad aware, I just followed a year ago, some tips of a security magazine, I should reviewing that.
With the mail programs, I split my home mails (wife and kids, my personal emails with my profesionnal mails of my company>>Outlook.
But that is not the reason why I have those pop ups for reading my mail isn't it?
I hope that I will have a solution soon, I have submitted already a message in french and dutch forums...still not 1 solution.
Thank you anyway for your reply

If you disable incredimail does everything work OK? I have not installed that add-in before, and don't really want to test it even. Looks like more of a spyware thing than anything else. Flashy icons, toolbars, etc..., pretty much the definition of spyware.

Exocet120

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Thank you for your reply.
Incredimail disabled or outlook disabled, same problem, before posting these messages, I've checked for spymare, malware or viruses, no result.
These 2 mail clients, I use already 10 years +/-, just since 3 weeks that I have that problem. If I confirm to open (on the popup window), Internet Explorer opens and shows me the file that is located on my computer, (so not on an internet adress, logic because all the mails are already downloaded), by my knowledge when I open the mail, I am viewing the file that is located on my harddisk, but why I have to open the mail now with IE?
Thank you for your help

So you download the mail with Outlook, through Send/Recieve. But when you try to open the email, instead of opening in Outlook it opens a web browser? Even for existing email? I'm trying to get a view of what's happening. I can see a web client having issues opening email if the association was messed up, but outlook email once it's on the system is stored in a file, and the individual emails do not really have a file created for them, you can't just pick one email to open from a .pst file for example, you need to load the .pst in the program which then will open the file. And I.E. or any web browser can't do that.

Exocet120

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Thank you, and Sorry for the delay but was out of the country for business.
To reply of your remarks I confirm what you say, with Outlook AND incredimail I normally don't need to open an email with my webbrowser,
I paid attention to other use of those prgms and even when I want to send a new email, immediately it opens the same pop-ups. Its just frustrating. With Incredimail, when I do open the file with that popup, IE opens the email normally, not with outlook. IE shows the adress of my mail file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Utilisateur/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/%7B3689C1E8-D27D-4701-9D7F-79B80CD96164%7D/%7B2F6D8359-CA46-491C-AC62-73F5E5AF925B%7D.html
but shows as result: There are no items to show in this view >W>
Should you believe that I'm avoiding to receive and sent emails? I just see the headlines and only the important mail I open now....
Thank you for your cooperation