Norton 360 & spy doctor compatability

coljoy1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hello, :hello:
Is there a way to have norton 360 and spy doctor anti spyware on my computer without them conflicting?

coljoy1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Guess I should have been more specific. If I have Spy Doctor on my computer but don't have it actively monitoring in real time or doing background scans will this be okay for my computer? I'm not up on a lot of tech talk but I think you get where I'm coming from. Worried my computer might crash with the two even if Spy Doctor is set to compatibility mode because even on compatibility mode it's running background scans. Talked to both Spy Doctor and Norton and I didn't get very satisfactory answers / help.

coljoy1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
:hello: Thanks for your answer. It would be helpful if I could get some tips on how to run these two programs on one computer. Norton 360 is fully running but it would be helpful if I could get tips on how to run Spy Doctor so they don't conflict and negatively affect my computer. If I keep real time protection off completely and if I can possibly stop random scans would that be enough to prevent conflicts? I really would like to use these two combinations because I've found that what one misses the other picks up (with spyware and adware) more so than Malwarebytes and Norton 360. Thanks in advance for any info. you can give me.

coljoy1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
One of the reasons I haven't replied sooner is because I sense you may feel impatient. Please understand I have a disability; I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just simply trying to truly understand how to manage my new computer. I don't want to have any major problems with this investment or extra unnecessary expense.

TRENDING THREADS