Different audio output for certain programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UneekWunn

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I have (2) output options for my Realtek HD Audio. Speakers (rear I/O) and my front panel Headphone jack. Certain programs allow me to change the output device in the settings which works just fine, but this is not the case for a select few programs. I am trying to figure out a solution to 'force' certain programs to use the audio output I desire when there is not an option within the program settings (Pandora, Browsers (adobe) and various games). I assume the best method would be a 3rd party program that would allow me to do this but I have been unsuccessful in finding anything I need.

- If one program allows me to change output device in settings then I can get it to work.
- Setting default to output 1... load program. Change default to output 2... load program. Does not work, just sets both to default of output 2
- Two programs don't have the option to change output device (The cause of the issue I am having)

If there is not a 3rd party program or an easy work around. Would setting up a VM or running certain programs with Sandbox work?

UneekWunn

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
While I find it nifty to change my output source with a desktop icon (which I now have set up thanks to this), its not the solution to my answer.

Here is what I want:

Both programs running at the same time.
Program 1 to use Speakers
Program 2 to use 2nd Output (Headphones)

This 'solution' still has all programs running off the same audio output.

UneekWunn

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Well, some programs (Winamp, Vent, Teamspeak, Some games, ect ect) have available options to change what output they use. This allows vent to play through my headphones and game sounds out my speakers. Forcing vent to use headphones and have my speakers as default.

I guess I am just out of luck if I have to run 2+ programs that don't have the option to change the output source.

Status
Not open for further replies.