Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaq626

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hello,

I recently installed ie 9 which replaced the 8 that I had. Once installed, I went to face book where I play a game from the company name zynga called "cityville". Ever since installing the new ie, I get a popup from ie9 that says... " only secure content displayed" to the right of the message, I get an option that says "show all content". I click it in hopes that it will allow the game to continue, but instead, it restarts the game. I know that this is an easy fix, but I do no know how to fix it. Can anyone help me out with this issue? I thank you in advance...

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
This is because you'll be accessing Facebook using HTTPS but cityville has some unsecure content. That's a bug with Cityville. The browser is trying to warn you that not all things on the webpage are secure. And in truth it's right to do so.

In IE, Tools | Internet Options | Security | Internet Zone | Custom dialog box, you can set the "Display mixed content" check box to enabled. It's probably on prompt right now.

I can't say I recommend having this set to enabled when you are using the internet though. If possible only have it set to enabled when playing Cityville. Set it back to prompt when you're finished.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

Jees Louise! Do you work for Microsoft or something; this is a stand-off "it's your fault" answer!

Changing one security setting for a while to play a game on Facebook then resetting it when your done is not going to mean your machine is suddenly inundated with security threats.

Facebook is a bigger security threat by itself never mind whether you have mixed content set or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.