brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Just curious what the best defrag software is that everyone is using? Before the last rebuild of my system I was running Diskeeper '10 and MyDefrag before that. Any thoughts on those, or a better one out there? Best config? System has 3 drives, 2 Samsung 1TB in Raid0 and 1 WD 1TB drive. The striped drives contain a system partition and 3 others (apps, music, temp). The WD drive is tied in with Acronis for backups of the music partition. Thanks in advance!

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks. I'll check that one out. Any thoughts on the best configuration for defragging? I know that some of the apps will sort the clusters by the most frequently used, or alphabetically, things like that. Any thoughts on those options?

sidewinderdt

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009

Still the best IMHO.
As for configuration, I leave mine on automatic mode, and the file sequencing disabled on storage drives and enabled for the programs/OS drive. Works just fine.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
my prefered fave is disktrix ultimate defrag. of all the 1s i have tested this seems to suite me best.
yes there is faster 1s, and more efficient 1s but it offers a good combo of both...