Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I installed Internet Explorer 9. I had tried the beta so it's my first time using it. But I like that it finally adds HTML5 and SVG support. However, I hate the font smoothing, which looks too fuzzy, especially on my CRT. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it. And that's not even the main issue.

The thing that's bugging me is that text in other apps seem to have a fuzziness to them now. Specifically, my email client (old Eudora because I'm too lazy to upgrade) and IM text in Yahoo Instant Messenger 10. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm sure it's never been like that before. Otherwise, I must be going crazy. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with my vision. For Yahoo, the odd thing is that if I click the Format button, the font goes back to the way it should be without the smoothing.

I haven't seen it in the experiments that I've done with it, but I don't use the apps you mentioned. With Eudora my guess would be that because it is a bit of an older program at it's root, it may not be "getting along" with the newer IE9. It may also have something to do with your CRT as well. I don't have a CRT sitting around to test it, but I'll keep an eye out.

Out of curiosity, why are you still using a CRT?