Fraps question

blablacentral

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
i downloaded fraps and everything works and i know how to use it ecept one part it will let me take screen shots of games when there runing but if im just online or on the desktop it wont let me do it

can some one help me with this?

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
If you don't see your framerate monitor in the corner, I don't believe it will work. You can always use the regular printscreen or alt-printscreen to do screen grabs outside of games. Also, try Techsmith's Snag-It.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

The reason why Fraps won't work while just browsing the web or when you're chillin' on your desktop is because Fraps is meant to be used with programs/software that incorporates DirectX or OpenGL technology (such as video games, VLC, video editing software, etc).

If you're wanting to take screens while outside of these specified programs, you can simply use the "PrtScn" button that's located just after your Fn keys at the top right of your keyboard. That will copy the screen image into your "clipboard" and you'll be able to paste the screen capture into MS Paint, Word, or whatever other program you want to put it into.

Hope this helped!