Quadro 600 Vs. Firepro V4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

DillerandScoff

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on which would be best for Revit, 3ds Max and Photoshop?

I say those two just because they seem to be the same price - it's a student budget. Most of what I've read seems to advise against gaming cards, I was looking at the HD 5770 though.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Quadro, as I don't think I'd need to upgrade my PSU, and for cuda. But I'm a newb! The benchmark scores seem to be much lower, is that relevant for these programs?

It's for a dell 580, with an i3 530 and 4gb ram, with a 300w psu. Maybe it'll be limited by those anyway? I could get a cheap card instead..?

Quite a few questions I guess. Sorry. Be nice toa hear from anyone though!

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Run away from the hyper-priced Quadros. You'll pay for the name and a couple of drivers, nothing else. Get the GTX450 or 460 and you'll be happy with those!

Also don't trust "certified hardware" lists, especially those from Autodesk. They are outdated and built to lure people into spending 5x more on the Quadros for nothing.

Zumzifero

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Nonsense: a measly Quadro 600 easilly slay whatever high end GTX on what it was intended to do.
Try these bench

nikorr

Distinguished

Cool these benchmarks. Good to know.

Thanx for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS