C++ Text Editer/Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mactronix

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Hi,
My daughter is interested in doing some C++ work, So a friend had a C++ book which they leant her but then she phones me and says C++ is out of date and wont work ?

Now my understanding of programing is pretty close to Zero but i was of the opinion that if she typed it right it would work. But she says its the text editer saying C++ is out of date, again ??

As i said i have no idea but would think this cant be the case and she is doing something else wrong.

Can someone please recomend a good text edter/compller for C++

Thanks.

Mactronix :)

Ijack

Distinguished
I'd say that your daughter is doing something wrong. "C++ is out of date" is not an error message that I have ever encountered.

However, if she wants a modern C++ compiler complete with integrated editor then she should download Microsoft Visual Studio Express C++ edition.

HaYeK

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Wow! No is not out of date and it will not in a short term.
There are a lot of compilers. Apart from the Visual Studio, you can use borland and eclipse with the C++ plugin.

mactronix

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006

Thanks for giving me a nudge i did mean to reply but then forgot, just to say it was her, got a message from her saying she changed teh script after reading something somewhere, she still says it wasnt her and she had to do something differant, a work around if you will but i know enough about it to know she's just bluffing.

Thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.