Cannot access website

ralst3750

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I have a desk top computer running on XP and a laptop operating on Vista Home and I use Internet Explorer 8 on both systems. Desk top is wired to a router that is connected to a wireless internet service provider. Laptop is connected wirelessly to same router. On desk top I am able to connect to http://gate.x10.com which is a site where I can monitor a video camera attached to my laptop. When I reverse the setup i.e. connect camera to desk top to view remotely on my laptop and attempt to access the above website my IE locks up and I cannot access site. The following message appears, "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab". I have also tried Firefox on laptop and still cannot access site. I have been waiting “patiently”for reply from X10 but no response yet. Any thoughts??
Thanks, Bob

ralst3750

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Thanks, for link, been there....done that to no avail, also I uninstalled and reinstalled program (several times). I guess what I really can't understand about problem is why should system work in one direction and not the other when everything is the same EXCEPT XP and VISTA

Bob

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Here I have experience that one too. In either way it should work except when the laptop (connected wireless) wireless standard is slow like 802.11x (where x is b (slower) g(slow) and n(fast)) so if your router has an n make sure the laptop has that too or try reducing the quality of capture for that camera. Hope it work.