What backup software do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I'm currently looking for some better backup software to use with my pc and wanted some input from users out there. I'm using Nero Backitup right now and well...it works sometimes...I want something that actually works and doesn't corrupt the backup in the process :fou: . I have about 50 gigs worth of stuff that I backup but most of the files don't change. I want something that can do the backup with only the updates so I don't have to backup the 50 gigs everytime. I like the way Nero works for the most part but looking for something a little more reliable. I've tried Toucan backup and it didn't work at all, tried Retrospect Dantz (free thing bundled with an external drive) but didn't like that it kept the files that I had deleted, tried WD backup from Memeo and didn't care for that too much either.

What are some of your favorite titles for backup on XP? Preferably free or at least have a free trial. Thanks!

verbalizer

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Windows7 Ultimate....
also comes with BitLocker.

not free, yes there is a trial...;)
MS does have programs especially for students to acquire genuine copies for $30..

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

Thanks, not a student anymore so no big discount for me :(
Not totally sure about making the jump to 7 yet, it's nice but alot of effort to convert over to it. Thanks!

dhanraj114

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I use Second Copy (dont know about developer) and SyncToy of Microsoft.
both of these softwares just copy source file to destination files without using any type of encryption or compression.
you can simply restore your missing files from destination folders.
I suggest any of these only.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks for all the info, sorry I didn't get back for awhile. I'll be sure to check these out and let you know. I tried reusing Dantz...what a mess! Kept asking for the automated backup where I wanted to backup it to etc etc even though I put all the parameters in earlier when I setup the "automatic" backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.