TheByt3

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
So I have latest firefox installed and since last week my search engine was changed into yahoo without any warnings (maybe a software did it) the problem is I can't change it back I went into about:config went to keyword.url change it for google and there was no change I even changed it into another search engine as "ask" but yahoo remained please tell me other options to change the search engine

Thanks for your replies!

You may have just installed the yahoo tool bar. Go into add/remove programs and see if it's in there. Uninstall it.

Make sure you read what the programs do when you install them, many programs these days add tool bars and change search engines for you unless you uncheck those options.

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
It sounds like some freeware had you agree to install the yahoo toolbar without you noticing. I'm not familiar with that about:config approach to setting your search engine. Are you referring to your home page, the search bar on the top right of the screen, or the search that firefox performs when you enter regular workds into the address bar?

hostingdj

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Представляю вам сайт профессионального хостинга.
Наша компания открылась в 2011 году.
В штате нашей компании работают профессионалы с многолетним опытом работы в сфере обслуживания клиентов хостинга.
Цель нашей компании - предоставить наилучшее решение для размещения ваших проектов в сети.
Наши цены сформированы таким образом, чтобы любые сайты нашего клиента работал бесперебойно 24/7.
Наша служба поддержки в любой момент поможет вам.

При выборе услуги нужно учитывать требования вашего сайта относительно затрачиваемых ресурсов сервера.

> Линейка тарифов "Easy" подойдет для простых сайтов с минимальной нагрузкой на сервер и с посещаемостью до 1000 человек за 24 часа.
Эти тарифы хорошо подойдут для
блогов, домашних страниц, гостевых книг, сайтов-визиток.

> Линейка тарифов "Advenced" подойдет для более крупных проектов с посещаемостью от 1000 до 10 000 уникальных посетителей в сутки.
Идеальное решение для
форумов, развлекательных сайтов, порталов и прочих сайтов, потребляющих больше ресурсов.

> Линейка тарифов "Premium" подойдет
для крупных
файлообменников, веб-порталов, онлайн-тв и иных сайтов, требующих
большое количество ресурсов и с посещаемостью свыше 10 000 человек в сутки. Но не следует забывать, что
пропускная способность сервера для клиентов не может превышать 10mbit/s.

ICQ support: 49-74-35
URL: <a href=http://hostingdj.eu/>hostingdj.eu</a>

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

The java installer is notorious for this. Thebyt3, if you updated java recently you most likely installed the yahoo toolbar from here. The option is checked to install by default.