Cannot install Accounting Software Peachtree...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Whenever we upgrade a networked computer to Win7 and try to install peachtree (accounting database) and it asks where the company data is installed, I point it to the network drive and it always says it is not an applicable drive. However, some computers do install fine. I have disabled all the firewalls, but continue to get the same error. Any suggestions?

Are you using a drive letter or the full path? Try using the UNC path to the drive, see if that helps. Are you sure the account you are using to install it has access to the file it needs? Not just able to see the drive and files, but rights to open and use the files. Maybe you are installing it using several accounts, and the ones that work you have the correct account to use.

Also not sure from you post since at first you say when you upgrade to Win 7 you have this issue, then write that some work fine. Are you saying that some Win 7 comuters this works on, but on some it does not.

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Yes, exactly. I had one Win7 computer that installed fine. Two, however, will not let me install. I will check the user rights before proceeding.

When I install the program it only allows me to select mapped drives. They are already mapped and I can see everything in them (even delete if I so choose.)

Also, make sure that the mapped drives are the same for those 2 computers as the other one. Depending on how the drives are mapped, you can have drive M: going to the right place on one PC, but another user will have M: going to a different share.

If you are just pointing it to a drive letter, make sure that the files the program needs are there. You may either need to change the drive letter in the program setup based on the PC you set it up in, or a better way is to make sure the users all get consistent drive mappings based on their department and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.