3ds max and i3 330m

G

Hi
i am a 3ds max user , and i had a laptop with a core 2 duo processor 2 ghz ,
it was good since i havent done some big scenes but now i have to upgrade my system
so i am wondering what processor will be the best for rendering time core i3 330m or a core 2 duo
i add that i ll by a laptop
if you know a test or something useful that would be good thanks in addvance

G

Hi
Thanks for your reply buwish i guess after seeing many threads and test about those i3 , that thers not a big differencebetween

an intel processor i3 and a core 2 duo , but at lest a core i3 330m or 350m would be way better than my previous core 2 duo

T7250 @ 2ghz ,if you think i am wrong give me your point of view .

Regards

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
You'd definitely need as much CPU power as possible.. Give number of cores precedence over the clock speed.. A laptop is never recommended for any serious work (more importantly for complex works such as 3D).. However, its your preference so it stays that way i guess.. The i3 will be more powerful as compared to the C2D (though not all) by the virtue of a more refined architecture.. However, it still remains a dual core.. Being an experienced 3DS Max user, i'd recommend you to move to a quad core as suggested by buwish also..

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I've got an i3-350m in my laptop. I do a bit of 3DS Max work on it, no large renders though. Usually just smaller objects. It gives me no grief for that. You'll definitely want some more power if you plan on doing large scenes and texturing and whatnot.