Question about dual monitors

anarxi

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Is there a software so I could run full screen application on one screen, and with some kind of hotkey jump to another screen, without minimizing?

On windows 7 64-bit, everytime I jump to another screen, my first one either gets minimized or windowed (from full screen).

lets take a video for example, everytime i try to watch it on main screen, and do some browsing or whatever on another, i get it either minimzed, or out of fullscreen mode, or the taskbar pops up.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

you can go into display properties and choose strech screen onto second display! right click desktop and gointo display properties!

jeroly

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007

While you don't need any special software to use two monitors, there are certain things that you can get from multiple monitor software which you don't without it that are 'very-nice-to-haves':

With ultramon you get the task bar working so that the windows that appear on monitor 1 are on the monitor 1 task bar and the windows on monitor 2 are on the monitor 2 task bar, etc.

You can easily switch apps between monitors without having to un-maximize them, moving them and re-maximizing them.

You also can put different screen savers on the different monitors.

Ultramon costs about $40 but has significantly enhanced the multiple monitor experience for me. There may be other similar programs that are cheaper or free; I'd recommend finding one as I found the unmodified Windows7 multiple monitor experience less than completely satisfactory.

Full disclosure: I don't have any financial connections to the company that makes ultramon.

Fray

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
the solving of your problem with the Actual Multiple Manager (http://actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/how_to_play_starcraft_2_on_dual_monitors_tips_and_tricks.shtml)

Moreover, you get the unique taskbar on each monitors and many other unique useful features... try it.. I really like this software.