MS Outlook Restarting

gramps98

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Hello,

I have a user who sends e-mail items fine, but if/when the recipient "Replies" to that e-mail, the recipients (responder's) Outlook gives them the message "MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close..." The responder then has to select whether to allow Outlook to restart and to send or not send an error report.

However, if the recipient creates a "new" e-mail item, there is no problem sending to my user. It is only when someone "REPLIES" to one of his e-mails that the problem occurs.

This seems to have started when I upgraded this user with a newer PC running XP Pro 64-bit. I installed MS Office 2003 Basic (same as was on the old machine)and transferred the user's archive folders, etc. After seeing the problem, I re-installed the user's old PC and he doesn't appear to have the problem...unless he forwards one of the e-mails that was created on the PC running XP 64-bit.

I have deleted the user's profile an re-created it in the Exchange Server and on the local PC. I have uninstalled Outlook and re-installed it.

I'd appreciate any fresh ideas on my issue. B.T.W., I have the exact setup (machine and applications) for another user and he is not having this problem.

gramps98

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Buwish...I'd bet a dollar to a donut that you're correct! I didn't think about that...duh! Well, I remedied the issue by setting the user up another PC. He's happy and working fine now. I'm in the process of installing Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit on the PC that had the problem.

Thanks again for the response. I'll remember that the next time I get one of these wierd ones.

Gramps98