Cloning An Installed Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Hello

I have a valuable program on my laptop that I want also want to have on my desktop pc. The problem is I don’t have the original installation CD and no downloads of it are available either.

Is there any free or inexpensive software that allows me to make a clone of the program directly from my laptop’s hard drive so I can then copy of it onto a flash drive and then load it onto my desktop?

aford10

Distinguished
What's the name of the program?

I'm not aware of any way to clone a program. It gets installed and embedded into your OS and registry. You can usually copy all your user data, but you'll need the setup file to install the program.

4Ryan6

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002

Depending on how the EULA for that software is written, specifically if its legally licensed for only one installation, you may be asking how to do something illegal.

Why don't you share the name of this software, so we can see if what you want to do is legal or not?

natesgotgrapes

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Cloning the whole hard drive you just have to clean up the driver and temp folders and either use the driver installation cd that comes with a new pc or find the drivers manually

Status
Not open for further replies.