Help: Starting to HATE Windows Media Player: Error C00D1197

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
First off, I'm somewhat new to WMP.

I decided to try and copy some of my music CD into WMP player today. But after I ripped about 4 CD I decided I would rather they be in a different format.

So instead of deleting the albums in WMP, I deleted them in Music folder from within Windows Explorer.

Well It deleted the music but the information remains within WMP, showing each album and all the songs. But nothing will play.

If I try and play a song from an album I get an error:
"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted"
I can either choose to "Close" that popup window or select "Web Help". If I choose Web Help it takes me to a Microsoft page for Error C0091197

But this page tells me nothing of how I can removed the deleted file from WMP.

I have tried many time already for delete them from both WMP and WMC to no avail.

Yes, I probably should have deleted them from within WMP first and not from within Windows Explorer. Call it a WMP newbie mistake.

Any idea how I can remove these deleted albums and songs that are no longer playable or actually in WMP?