File copier

G

Say, for example, that there are several folders in a location (ex. C:\Animals\Aardvark, C:\Animals\Bear, C:\Animals\Cat, etc.), with files in them with the same extension (C:\Animals\Aardvark\aardvark.txt, C:\Animals\Bear\bear.txt, C:\Animals\cat\cat.txt). Is there any way to copy all the files matching, in this case, *.txt over all those folders to a set location without having to open each folder in C:\Animals one at a time and copying the .txt files?

Solution

I would use the search assistant and search for all .txt files in the c:\animals directory. When it gives you the files it found, select them all and hit copy, then you can paste them in another folder.

I've done that many times to get music out of \artist\album file systems...

red07g5

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010

I would use the search assistant and search for all .txt files in the c:\animals directory. When it gives you the files it found, select them all and hit copy, then you can paste them in another folder.

I've done that many times to get music out of \artist\album file systems that ripping them usually makes.

Solution
Mar 1, 2017
The perfect solution to your question is GS RichCopy 360. I will do it in a correct fashion right as you want it and you need not go through any tedious steps. Its UI is pretty easy and performance is allot better from any of the similar software. It is robust, reliable and best of its kind. This is from my own experience. It helped me allot. Hope it will help you too.