What's your language of choice and why?

flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
I'm curious to see what people's favorite languages are.
My favorite is C# because it's object oriented done right, is easy and fast as all hell to code in, and provides seamless integration into unmanaged code via the unsafe declaration. This allows you to have awesome (but managed and hence slightly slower) object oriented code to support the framework of your program, and then unmanaged and optimized code for the performance intensive sections.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I'm not too familiar with C#, but I will say I don't like C++ too much. I'm starting to learn perl, which is very different, and it will be a while before I know if it's my favorite. Because of this, I think I'm forced to choose Visual Basic Script :yikes!:, mainly because I can do almost anything with it. Also things are MUCH shorter than any other language I've ever used, and there aren't any dumb symbols that have to be every other line for it won't work. :p

As for my least favorite programming language, I'd probably have to say Brainfuck. Just google it - and don't use it, ever. It's also on the 99 bottles of beer site. Shakespeare, on the other hand, looks quite funny, as does Zombie. Both are on the site also.

I do like C++ better than C for the most part, and have heard good things about C#.

Lantzvillian

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
On the otherside, I love PHP and jQuery (the new improved Javascript) There is so much you can do with it in combination with Drupal like frameworks/APIs :)

I have used C and Java, but I like my web more.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009

lol my sig doesn't even know what my isp is. It just doesn't display anything. You have a firewall or anything? Not that it matters.