Included motherboard drivers and software - necessary?

JG Seven

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the custom computer scene and I have a question regarding the disc that motherboard manufacturers supply with their boards. Is it usually necessary to install all the utilities/drivers included on the disc to take full advantage of the features in BIOS? I ask because ASUS's software is just so damned ugly! I installed it all once, decided it was just too chintzy, and reformatted my drive completely to get rid of any trace of it. But now I'm having second thoughts because I don't know if not having the software will reduce the functionality of the board. Help? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, by the way, the board I'm talking about is the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO.

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The only "important" (but not too much) are the drivers, just for the case. Because you can download the drivers from the ASUS web page, and the rest of the other software isn't really helpful.

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
for desktop system
chipset , audio, network & graphics driver are good enough in most cases..
additionally you can install Intel application accelerator (for Intel) & amd cooler software(for ADM)..

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The only "important" (but not too much) are the drivers, just for the case. Because you can download the drivers from the ASUS web page, and the rest of the other software isn't really helpful.

Solution