Trying to find ATI Function Driver

casper056

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Pc Pitstop completed a scan of my computer and recommended that I update the "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01, 7/17/09, v6.0.1.5897". How do I find this?

I've searched for this online, but all I come up with is sites that want me to download programs that update drivers for a fee.

casper056

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009

Hello,

Device Manager lists two possibilities: 1) ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI-AA01, Mfr. -ATI, driver date: 4/20/09, version: 5.0.60000.49

and also; VIA High Def Audio, Mfr. - Via Technologies, driver date 7/25/08, version: 6.01.1510

I have a brand new Visionman WGMI-2G3110 with VISTA Home Premium 64bit.

In case it is related, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4670.

I've used PC Pitstop in the past to evaluate my other computers, so I thought I'd run it on the new Visionman. I wasn't surprised that it suggested that I needed to update the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI-AA01 or the VIA High Def audio drivers. I have a 5.1 Logitech speaker system attached to my computer. It produced great sound on my previous HP Pavilion. Oddly enough, the audio doesn't sound as good on the Visionman. I figured that I either had not configured the audio properly or that it was the sound card or the drivers. I get audio. It just isn't coming out of all of the speakers, even though I set the config for 5.1 speakers.

Anyhow, I thought it would be easy enough to just find and install the driver updates, however, I couldn't locate them doing browser searches. What I keep finding are all these sites that have programs that claim to locate and update your drivers, which of course comes with a cost.

I bought my computer from ECOST.com, rather than directly from Visionman. ECOST has been of no help whatsoever. There doesn't seem to be anyone "at home" at the Visionman web site either.

According to PC Pitstop, there are newer drivers for the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI-AA01 dated: 7/23/2009, version: 5.0.60000.52, but where can I find this upgrade? There's probably a newer driver for the VIA High Def Audio too, but I couldn't locate anything for this either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
This is the website for your computer...
http://www.visionman.com/widow-wgmi2g3110-gaming-system-core-duo-e8400-4gb-ddr2800-asus-mobo-22x-dvdrw-gigabit-lan-750gb-sataii-hdd-radeon-hd-4670-512mb-wireless-vista-home-premium-p-8773.html

I was hoping the site would have a Driver support function, but it doesn't seem to.

I suggest you delete (with the Delete key) both those Sound listings.
Then, reboot.

After reboot, Windows should re-find your sound device(s).
Recheck the Device Manager.
Does it still say the same devices?

After your next reply, I'll be better able to assist you.

G

What you need to do is download and install the newest ATI Catalyst Suite which at this time is 9.12

The driver you are looking for is part of this package and is actually the HDMI audio driver.
You'll need to install the entire package to update all the files, not just the one file.

File Name: AtiHdmi.sys
File Description: ATI High Definition Audio Function Driver
File version: 5.0.7.000.9
Product Version: 5.00.7000.09
Date Modified: 9/30/2009

The driver PC-Pitstop recommended was probably from ATI Catalyst Suite 9.9 or earlier.

G

Try the newest ATI Catalyst suit is 10.3 (10.4 soon to be released.)

If you're using the HDMI connector for your TV and the HDMI shows as Disconnected, the easiest way to get the sound back is to do this.

When you right Click on the ATI icon in the System Tray and the Context Menu comes up, you'll notice :

- 1. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
- 2. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Say your TV is connected to "2. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series"

You would Right click on the ATI icon > Select "2. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" > Disable Display

Next, Right click on the ATI icon > Select "2. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" > Enable Display

You'll find that under Playback Devices, ATI DP OPutput (HDMI) will show as enabled.

The easiest way to prevent it from becoming disabled is to have your TV turned on and set to the HDMI channel that your computer system is on when you turn your system on and when you turn your system off. Otherwise Windows sometimes changes it to disconnected.

TRENDING THREADS