Googles new fade in homepage

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
i like it, remember, the reason that google is still #1 is because it started simple and stayed simple, it knows that every time you search ur not interested in seeing all of the days news, or some background image that takes 15seconds to load on dialup, you just want to see the space to type and the search button,

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
i like it, remember, the reason that google is still #1 is because it started simple and stayed simple, it knows that every time you search ur not interested in seeing all of the days news, or some background image that takes 15seconds to load on dialup, you just want to see the space to type and the search button,
And they have iGoogle for those that do want extra stuff.

You can customize it like crazy. It easily replaces those hubs like Yahoo and MSN because you control the content, theme, arrangement, etc...

randomizer

Distinguished
It's a bit annoying because I always liked the clean, unadultered Google home page but it's not going to stop me using it. What will stop me using Google is Bing once it actually produces results that are somewhat comparable to the superior results from Google.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well I personally like it. Google was always about simplicity, and with this fade-in background, they make the user focus more on the search box. The necessary links such as About, Advertising Solutions, etc. become less prominent, but still accessible.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Like cjl I am indifferent also, except that I use Google for my homepage and used to access my Gmail from the link on the page.

Because I am impatient I just created a Gmail thumbnail page in Opera and don't use my homepage to get there now.

*shrugs*

TRENDING THREADS