Can't send in Outlook 2007

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hi, I have downloaded the trial version of Outlook2007 because I need it to sync with my iPAQ. In the past I have used Windows Mail and all was well.
After installing Outlook, I have been getting the message that my ID and Password was rejected. Error# 0X800CCC92.
The window to ask me for you password, etc. kept popping up which was very frustrating.
Wouldn't I have to use the same ID & Password as I need for my provider which is Verizon?
After going through all of the settings in "accounts" again, it doesn't ask me for any password anymore and logs on immediately. It downloads all of my email but I can't send anything. This time no error message....
Now I can't even use my Windows Mail anymore either. I get the error #907( the connection can only be used with VZAcess Manager, which I have been using....
I also have a Yahoo account which works fine. This is all so confusing and very frustrating. Oh, I'm using Vista Home Premium64.
Does anybody have any suggestions??????? I'm desperate!
Thanks in advance for any help. Ann

ToreTrygg

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Symptom
You may get the following error message

* There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected.'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

solution
Check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the POP3 and SMTP servers are as in the screenshots, and that your full username and password are correct.

If you are still having problems, it could be that your password has somehow become corrupted. Try changing it in My Account.

If this does not fix the problem contact Technical Support

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you, ToreTrigg, for your reply.
In the meantime, I finally found, after practically pulling out all of my hair, that in Outlook2007, I had to use YahooPLUS instead of just Yahoo. That fixed everything.
In Windows Mail, I finally unchecked both boxes in the server tab. Had the Verizon checked because that is our provider.
Anyway, after both were unchecked it worked.
I have gone through all of the settings for both applications so many times and finally hit the right thing.
Now, everything is working well.
Most of all, thank you so much for your reply. Ann