What spell checker is best for internet use?

GrievousAngel

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hello,

I find my self using spell checkers most while i am on the net 1st and then in local docs 2nd.

what spell checker is preferred while on the net, i.e. while writing emails, filling out forms, posting in forums, etc.?

works with any browser?

who prefer the spell checker's that open a sm window or you use a mouse click to correct? i prefer the small window approach i think.

are the spell checkers you buy worth the bucks? which ones?

thanks,

billy

Solution
You don't really help in the question...
Which OS do you use?

Linux based OSes usually are using a centralised spell checker for almost all of the application that you use inside the OS.

Windows on the other hand doesn't have this kind of tool, and you have to download it for each application you use. If Firefox for example, you go to the add-ons and type the dicos you need in the search and install it from there (for firefox just type add-ons in the adress bar, it will connect directly to the main site).

The spell checkers from the official are often quite good, but you also doesn't say which is your native languages.
The choises is really up to you.

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
You don't really help in the question...
Which OS do you use?

Linux based OSes usually are using a centralised spell checker for almost all of the application that you use inside the OS.

Windows on the other hand doesn't have this kind of tool, and you have to download it for each application you use. If Firefox for example, you go to the add-ons and type the dicos you need in the search and install it from there (for firefox just type add-ons in the adress bar, it will connect directly to the main site).

The spell checkers from the official are often quite good, but you also doesn't say which is your native languages.
The choises is really up to you.

Solution