Kaspersky slows down my computer. HELP!

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
After having my old Dell crashed from a virus Norton let through, I recently bought an HP and put Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on it. It blocks almost everything, but I was hacked at one point. That problem was resolved, but I still am experiencing problems, unrelated to the hack. Kaspersky tries to block everything I do, and did before I was hacked. It doesn't like iTunes, or games, or the internet, and it frequently limits my activities on such programs. I like the increased protection, but I would prefer to be able to use iTunes and play games without Kaspersky slowing me down, which, by the way, it slows my internet to 1/5 the speed it has without the protection. It has also blocked me from downloading about half of the songs I purchase on iTunes.

Can anyone suggest an Antivirus software that has great protection but doesn't slow you down or block everyday operations? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

G

Not sure what you mean by installed correctly? I loved Kaspersky and was just humming along fine. about a month ago after an update whenever I try to open ANY program I get five minutes of the little K pumping and pumping before the program opens.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
You may need to defragment the hard drive, this will speed up a slow system. Also, run a cleaner to remove all the temp/junk files. For AV I would recommend Avira or AVAST.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
First off, look at the date that this thread was started. Second, how are you surprised? I made it clear that Kaspersky was causing serious problems with my computer and hampering performance. I'm glad it's working for you, but it did not work for me, and Avira does.

Good day.