1st duke of marlborough

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
My friend installed new drivers using Uniblue Driver Detector and now when he boots, the windows sounds go off, but the screen remains blank. I can only conclude that it is the video new video drivers he installed.

The only thing I can think of is to reformat the drive, but since he cannot see anything on the screen, we would need to do it from the BIOS, and I have no idea how to do that.

Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated, as this will be the 3rd time he has had to reformat his drive in a year--he's a torrent nub.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards.

Solution
You could also try booting into safe mode.

This will load windows generic drivers to run the display adapter.

In safe mode uninstall any newly added software / drivers.

Go into the device manager and expand display adapter, double click the device option that shows and click on the driver tab. Select the option to "Roll back driver".

Reboot the pc and verify the pc is displaying the operating system properly.

If you notice any other anomalies after using uniblue you could also try booting into safe mode and running system restore prior to install and updates.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
You could also try booting into safe mode.

This will load windows generic drivers to run the display adapter.

In safe mode uninstall any newly added software / drivers.

Go into the device manager and expand display adapter, double click the device option that shows and click on the driver tab. Select the option to "Roll back driver".

Reboot the pc and verify the pc is displaying the operating system properly.

If you notice any other anomalies after using uniblue you could also try booting into safe mode and running system restore prior to install and updates.

Solution