-Internet Explorer 6
-Internet Explorer 7
-Internet Explorer 8
-Google Chrome
-Opera 10 Beta 3 and 9.64
-Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2
-Apple Safari 4.03
-Apple Safari Web-kit Developer version
(In basics, all the latest versions of the these browsers)

-Out of all of these "Apple Safari Web-kit Developer Version" is by far the fastest browser that i have tried. Its way faster then the original safari. I was wondering does anyone know a browser that is faster then this? I know there are tons of other browser out there but which one is truly the fastest. Anything known to beat Safari Web-kit?
-Thank you for input, because on the internet each different browser always says that its the fastest of-course but which browser is really the fastest? I need personal opinion. And don't say internet explorer, opera, firefox, or chrome are the fastest because Safari Web-kit demolishes them easily.
-Thank You!

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I have been running a browser called K-Meleon.

K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which is also used by Firefox.

I realize the above line compares it with Firefox but there isnt really any comparison.
Its much faster, has many security options, clearly organized, and accepts both IE favs. and FF bookmarks.

You can get it here if you want to give it a try.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Okay I will try that, and BTW i dont really care for security,skins,and cool options in a browser, I care for speed and simplicity. And I dont care how much resources a browser takes up, because first of all i have plenty of resources for it, and secondly if it means it being faster then so be it. WebkitSafari can take up like 200k of ram with 2-3tabs open ;) And if you have 5 open it can easily chew 500-600k which is a lot but pays of with is ridiculous speed. Its going to be very hard to beat safari, I will test it and see.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
All of the security is set up as options so no need to worry about bloat.
I do run with block advertisement and block popups though.

I havent tried the Safari browsers but perhaps I will just to see.
I have to agree with you that several of the others that you listed are pure crap.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Well...in my opinion practically everything made my apple is very good :) Safari,mac,mac os, iphone,ipods....all really nice. So try safari and see what lightning fast browsing speed and page rendering really means. Especially webkit safari. and I am testing out k-melon and will see what its capable of.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
hmm...well i'll see in like a month when i get build my new system and install win7 64 bit, however for now I benchmarked k-melon and safari and safari but k-melon to shame and burned it with safaries amazing speed :)

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Also make sure to have a fast DNS server as it affects speed more then your browser in most cases based on my personal experiences.

-Also Try Internet Explorer 8 with the Google chrome frame, its an adon that makes IE8 blazing fast.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Well, ever since I moved from IE6 to FF2 last year, I've been with FF for ever. O man, I feel sick when I use IE6... What the hell was I thinking? For all those years.

PS: IE7 is worse. Terrible lag rip off of FF. It lags like ***, and clicks stuff a million times, you hear it clicking non-stop and it jars the crap outa' me.

FF for ever I guess.

pageidea

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

I absolutely admire the Opera 10 internet browser from Opera Software Inc. I firmly believe the Vikings have finally cracked open a genie out of the bottle.

The Opera 10 internet browsers is so well thought and designed very beautifully so that even a beginner can have a crack at and have so much fun. After all it is a mobile browser design for the well connected mobile community from around the world.

Source:
http://www.payasyougomobilephones.mobi

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
OK I finally got around to trying the Safari browser.
It is quick but I seem to find that that although it shows my Favorites I get all sorts of page not found and other types of errors.
Even coming here to post this I have had trouble.

I do like some of the interface features but I will need to use it more to get used to it.
I will say that the K Meleon seems to have more control abilities than I have found in the Safari.