Backing up C drive completely

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If Best of Media hadn't whacked the forum search function when Tom's went corporate, I'd probably have the answer to this. Or at least the right forum.
Any way, why for can't I back up my entire C drive. Nero Back it up, nor Norton Save & Restore both crap out whenever I try to back up the C drive. What good is a backup if I can't restor the entrie system after a crash or new HD?

Solution

If you want to back-up so you can recover your OS, you need to run a special kind of backup. Usually you have to pay for that kind of software. I don't know about Nero or Norton, but I've used
SyncBack for a couple of years now and it's worked flawlessy. I use the SE version, which does what you're looking for.

michaelst_54

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

If you want to back-up so you can recover your OS, you need to run a special kind of backup. Usually you have to pay for that kind of software. I don't know about Nero or Norton, but I've used
SyncBack for a couple of years now and it's worked flawlessy. I use the SE version, which does what you're looking for.

Solution