Overlapping and Lines across video's on vista x64

bush elephant

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Hey all,

I have just formatted my windows partition and installed vista ultimate x64. With no codecs installed i cant play video's, which is obvious.

Naturally i installed VLC player 1.0 and started watching movies however i am constantly seeing overlapping of frames / stress lines (horizontal) in any video i play.

I tried vista codecs, x64 components, codec packs (running ccleaner to uninstall / clean registry in between codecs), but to no avail.

Default HD3870x2 Performance Issues on Win 7 RC1
Hey all,

Previously i have been running the first beta of windows 7 64 bit with no problems at all, fantastic fps in all my games, happier than ever.

When microsoft announced that the beta would be restarting every 2 hours i swapped to windows 7 RC1 64 bit. Since then i've had nothing but low fps in all my games.

System:
Intel Q6600 (currently not overclocked)
GA EP35-DS4 Pro mobo
4 x 1GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz ram
Asus Geforce GTX295 (186.18 driver)
2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Asus 22x DVD-RW
Corsair HX-620 PSU
Antec 900 Case
Samsung 24" (primary)
Viewsonic 22" (secondary)

The problem occurs on both monitors, but i did not see it when i was previously running windows 7 (i changed back to vista x64 due to performance issues with 7 and my system).

Here is the problem http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4...deoproblem.jpg

Could this be a Deinterlacing problem?

Help plz!!!!! Thanks

DataCabbitKSW

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
It could possibly be a Deinterlacing problem, but only with video decoding. For games, if those lines are showing up, that is a video driver issue. Try using the Windows Update to get the latest WHQL qualified driver, or check for beta drivers from Nvidia. Also if you are testing using older games, try installing the DirectX 9.0c package from the Microsoft website. In Windows 7, legacy DirectX was removed and it all operates under DirectX 11, 10.1 and 10 (with an emulated DirectX 9 mode through DirectX 10). Installing that might also fix your issues. Also, you might try turning on V-Synch to prevent tearing and weird screen refresh issues. Further, if those don't fix it, I can recommend posting to the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5