atticu5

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Hey all,

So recently I've found myself using the "select word>right-click word>'Search Google for [word]" function lol, I'm putting in a pic in case I explained it weirdly. My problem is that I have several search engine plug-ins in Firefox and when I switch between them on the search bar the original function i mentioned changes to match the search engine i was using in the search bar.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a menu to drop from the "Search Google for..." option so that i can choose which engine to use from there. Here's another pic I'm terrible at verbally expressing my thoughts...

So basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to get the menu that drops from the search bar (pic2) to pop-out when I do what I'm showing on pic1 so that I end up selecting a word, right-clicking it and selecting which search engine I use to look up that word.

Thanks in advance to anyone that answers to my thread, let me know if I didn't make sense with respect to what I want.

PS: I hope this is the right place to start this thread.

MomoCC

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
It's clear what you want... though I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Perhaps you can head over to Firefox's website and suggest that a future release include this feature? I honestly don't know of any plugin that can do this unfortunately.