Issues With Downloading Embedded Flash Files Through Browser

RomDA_73

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Hey guys, I tried following the directions on downloading embedded flash files without any special programs found here.

Basically you wait for the swf to fully load (streamed video or music in YouTube and imeem for example) before looking for the embedded file in the page cache.

The problem is that I always seem to get a small-sized SWF, which of course does not contain the content I'm trying to download. That's weird, because the video or music should have fully loaded. Has anyone tried doing this on their respective browser (tried this on Firefox and Explorer)? If it worked for you, did it have anything to do with cache settings? Appreciate any advice.

michaelst_54

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

Even if you could download the flv file, you'd need a stand-alone flash player to view it. IE does not load a flash player automatically. The players are integrated into the webpage (swf file).

You need a flash downloader. I've used the free version of Orbit Downloader for about a month now, and its very good. Spam-free, virus free.

You will still need a stand-alone flash player. Check out download.com for Flash Player