compvillagegeek

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Hey gentleman, first time poster, long time reader. Got one for you that gots me stumped.

I am a computer tech at a local shop in San Dimas, this client hs brought this computer in for BSOD erros, especially related to nv4_dsp.dll.

This information was obtained by WhoCrashedIt Home edition, and I have tried everything in the book to solve this problem.

Here is the system rundown:

Motherboard ECS -400A- v1.1 Bios
Nvidia 8400 GS 256 MB PCi-E graphics Card, with 8208 driver installed
Penitum 4 CPU @ 3.2 GHZ
2GB Kingston ddr2 ram
windows xp pro sp3

This bluescreen even usually happens when we run Pinnacle Studio 12 and abruptly close thr program without saving changes to the photo slide show project we are currently running.

As for the GFX card ona an ATI board, i told the client it was best to order a ATI card, but he wanted the Nvidia card...BSOD every since. Any ideas?

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
That DLL is part of the nVidia drivers. I used to get this error all the time in 2007 when my 8800GTX was new. It went away after I got the latest drivers from nVidia's site and updated them.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
Damn... Sorry man, I don't know.

Changing to an ATI card would definitely fix this, but you said the customer doesn't want that. And then who knows, what if that doesn't work either...