onlinedownloads

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
When I'm trying to save the word file, it gives me an error message saying that unrecoverable disk error.

Here's the message I get

"There is an unrecoverable disk error on file ~WRL0004
The disk you are working on has a media problem that prevents Word from using it.
Try the following:
* Try formatting another disk
* Save the document to another disk.

What sort of error is it? How should I fix it.
Please do help me

Regards,
Cher

jessegibson

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Do you have a 3.5" Floppy in the Floppy drive and are trying to save to it? Or are you trying to save to your computer somewhere and then that message comes up?

G

I have exactly the same problem and the chkdsk, virus check and registry mechanic solutions proferred elsewher none seem to help me. The fault corrupts the file I am working on even saved as it is.

I have XP/ Word 2000, using HDD only (70% free) with no network drive. I get 5 error messages in series:

1 as above
2 word failed reading from this file (wrlnnn.tmp) please restore the network connection or replace teh FDD
3 A table in this doc has become corrupted. To recover convert table to text table
4 word cannot complete teh save due to file permission error
5 word has lost data due to bad network connection or missing FDD

parvez

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I have exactly the same problem and the chkdsk, virus check and registry mechanic solutions proferred elsewher none seem to help me. The fault corrupts the file I am working on even saved as it is.

I have XP/ Word 2000, using HDD only (70% free) with no network drive. I get 5 error messages in series:

1 as above
2 word failed reading from this file (wrlnnn.tmp) please restore the network connection or replace teh FDD
3 A table in this doc has become corrupted. To recover convert table to text table
4 word cannot complete teh save due to file permission error
5 word has lost data due to bad network connection or missing FDD

sanjeevmehra

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
Hi, I am Sanjeev. I am an IT administrator. I am also facing the same problem on many PCs in our office. I have winxpsp2, msoffice 2003 and Kaspersky 7 antivirus. I have checked that there is no error on disk, there is lot of free space available. How can the same problem exist on many pcs at a time? If someone has a solution Pls post here. Thanks

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Have you tried a disk cleanup?
Specifically try to delete the wrlnn.tmp file. (or the offending file)
It sounds like that file is corrupt and word keeps trying to write to it.
Usually word will write temp file while it is in composition and then write to disk when saved and then delete the .tmp
If the temp file is corrupt it will crash and not be deleted.

rgcampanella

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009

Has anyone come up with a solution to this unrecoverable disk error on file ~WRL*.tmp given when saving in WORD?