Apple PIM similar to KDE's basKet?

cronjob

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
One of my favorite apps applications on KDE was basKet (http://basket.kde.org/). I'm looking for something similar on OSX. I've found a number of supposed note taking applications, but none seem to offer the robust features that basKet has (and the ones that come close are $240!).

Yojimbo was one option (for about $40), but it can't even accept drag and dropped files unless they're of certain formats. One of the great things about basKet was that I could drop any file of any format right into any folder or note. And notes and folders could be nested. And you could create launchers within notes as well. Creating lists of tasks was equally simple. Notes full of images or audio or video or html content. To some degree, I even used it to retain my personal files (conversations, tax pdfs, etc).

I could return to my pre-basKet days and setup a wiki for personal use. Perhaps on a thumbdrive. But that's really not something I'm looking forward to using.

I've seen the upcoming Evernote which *might* solve some issues, but not all of them. And it's not even available yet. Then there's Together (but the author of it doesn't even use it anymore) and Yojimbo.

dalek256

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Try MacJournal - I have used it for years with great satisfaction. Drag and drop, encryption - everything. It even has a few things, like cross entry linking, that Basket does not.