Anyone have this issue with Acronis True Image 11?

djminus1

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
When I set up a backup task, it causes Windows XP SP2 to lock up at the login screen every time. I have to boot into Safe Mode and delete the task in order to get into Windows. I am using the setting that runs the backup at startup if the computer is off when it is supposed to backup. It locks up whether it missed a backup or not.

Very annoying for a piece of software supposed to be so good.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I haven't had this problem but I don't have it set up to back up on start up. It's possible that too many things are running at a start up and the system is getting overloaded. Acronis E Mail support is responsive, may take a day or so to respond. My problem with 11 is that it takes about 8 to 10 minutes to start up but not having any problems with the back ups. If you're not aware, every time it does a backup it creates a new file and doesn't take long to use a lot of space. Good idea to go in a delete some of these back ups now and then. I always leave the original and the last backup file and delete the others.

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I finally solved the problem and it was that my new drive came formatted in fat 32 and that's why the files were being split up..I reformatted it to ntfs and now it's working fine and saving it all in 1 tib file..