Multiple CD/DVD Backup, a long frustration

dashbarron

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Ok, I've had this problem for years and I never knew how to overcome it, so I'll ask the community and see if they can come up with an answer.

I have some very old games, like StarCraft, or Diablo, and even some new ones that come on DVD like Bioshock, ect., ect., that become worn, scratched, you name it, over time. Now my old favorites, some of them, I have been able to successfully backup and throw on the shelves next to the originals. But when games turn to two, three, four CDs, and even with like Bioshock, where it comes on one DVD but is rated at over 6GBs, I run into a problem. I don't have any double-layer DVDs, and I have never tried to burn anything with it. With the CD issue, I'd like to implant all of those CDs on one friendly DVD, to save me money. And For my poor Bioshock game which due to some unfortunate circumstances, is already starting to look shoddy, I'd like to be able to make a backup of that too.

Sooooo my long frustrating problem is this: how can I combine multiple CDs with a bunch of files like my old SC and D2 Disks and throw them one media, or in the case of my Bioshock, how can I divi those files into and still have it auto-install when I want it too.

I never knew how to tackle this problem I've had for years, so I thought I'd ask.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
OK alcohol 120 image making wizard will allow you the options to split the image size down to 600mb and up to 4 gig

Daave12

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Yes that is right we should always use hard disk for backup purpose as it is better then the CD and DVD's.