Pinnacle Studio 11 - Q6600 processor

jasonr49

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
Hello everyone

I recently purchased a computer with the Intel Q6600 processor, 2GB of RAM, Windows Vista (Home premium), 500GB HDD (7200 RPM).

My question is the performance of this system in Pinnacle Studio. When I bring up the task manager, and bring up the performance tab... it shows 4 processor windows there, but only at like 25% work load on each one. This is while creating a video (generating the frames)... is this what everyone else is getting? Approx obviously. I guess I expected the processor to be at 100% load.

Any comments would be appreciated.

singingigo

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
jasonr49,

Most likely, the processor is more powerful than you need...in other words, it can handle encoding the video file without maxing out. Why doesn't it go faster? You probably have a bottleneck somewhere else. With only 1 hard drive, I would suspect that to be the problem.

Try installing an addition hard drive, or better yet, 2 hard drives. Then you put your working folder on one drive, and render to a folder on the other drive. That should pump more data to the system, and you will be able to make use of that quad core processor.

Incidentally, my brother runs a video rending sweat-shop...after I set him up like this, his rendering time dropped by 75%.