Farstone's DriveClone 1/2/3 vs. RestoreIT: differences?

stan412

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Hi,
I am pondering what product would fit my description of the need I am trying to address:
If I wanted to make an EXACT clone of a hard drive in that, if the whole Operating system crashed and only the BIOS was there, which product would allow me to just insert the backup dvd/external drive and restore it right away? I read the overviews of both products and they seem similar, and I couldn't tell.

SID_VICIOUS

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
There are only two (maybe three with norton ghost) tools to do your wanted job.

Acronis
is one of it - and its really good - easy, fast and really reliable. But its not so fast, small and functional and small than the second one.

Radix reload professional
has as a further feature to do very fast snapshots 4 to 10 seconds, derectly when windows is running. You can load or ´jump´ between the snapshots without loosing any of them - a time mashine like funktion. I use it to get cope with following Problem. I have to use Photoshop CS3... a very fat ´hunk´ of top software... wich, if installed is all my ´old´ system needs to be highly visible busy.
The same prob. brings my 3d-CAD-Tool just as some of my industry programming programs. If I would have them installed, all in the same system, there would go nothing.

Using Radix, I can switch between any configuration in seconds.

You should google it.

And yes, it can do pre-windows recovery and make images for the case of HD-Crashs

Greetings from Germany
SID

sbruce

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I tried Acronis, Returnil, DeepFreeze, ShadowDefender and etc but none offered me the features and flexibility of Rollback Rx. See for your self, but make sure you read the documentation before, and uninstall similar software before installing it, otherwise it will get in conflict,