Lavasoft and Adaware Warning!

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
Just to let you know that lavasoft is coming out with their new 2007 version of Adaware but they are trying to scew over their long time customers who originally bought a license for Adaware Pro from Element 5. They are trying to say that the original license was only for one year bujt i have all of the original emails and none of them give a time limit or expiration of the license and i remember it being a lifetime license when I bought it.
When I recently logged in to the lavasoft site and checked under my name undr resources it said that i was licensed for Adaware professional, when i sent them an inquiry asking when version 2007 would be ready for download they then tried telling me that my license is no longer valid and that in order to download anything i would have to purchase another license. I sent them all of my original emails and they never bothered getting back to me with a reply even though I had the read reciept and a canned response saying that they got my email(s).

I then checked their site after waiting a couple of days for a response and they changed my resources from licensed to unlicensed. What a load of malarky, they have spent all these years trying to create a new version of Adaware and spent god knows how much money on it's development and now they are trying to screw over the people who allowed them to get where they are buy purchasing licenses that had no expiration.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this rip off company and help me spread the word about them and what they are doing.
:twisted: :x

syafthegeek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
I've noticed that Lavasoft is starting to annoying me as its beta version is not what I expected to be. I love the current version and I've tried to installed and test the beta version. It really upsets me that it can't scan and detect like the previous version did.

I think I should stick to the previous version.... plus I installed other anti-spywares like Spybot S&D and Spyware Terminator.

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I've noticed that Lavasoft is starting to annoying me as its beta version is not what I expected to be. I love the current version and I've tried to installed and test the beta version. It really upsets me that it can't scan and detect like the previous version did.

I think I should stick to the previous version.... plus I installed other anti-spywares like Spybot S&D and Spyware Terminator.

Yup, I think they are having serious financial difficulties and are going to fail as a company within a year if they are not bought out by someone else!

seo

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
The free versions of the softwares are doing no purpose. Just stay away from them is the best possible solution. Even if it costs a few dollars, i would say that getting a paid version will have a real online protection.

For spyware protection, i would recommend spysweeper, No Adware, and Spyware doctor.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
noadware and spyware doctor are no where near as good as spysweeper, they don't find everything, they leave things behind, they have false positives.

spysweeper does not suffer from any of that and finds and picks up stuff that those 2 leave behind ;)