douglaskoi

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hello I'm new here
and I'm from Brazil so I can write some wrongs words xD
I wanna know if someone has a good software to edit videos
like movie maker...but it's very simple, and don't have many effects and transistions....So if anyone knows one good software about it
plz write here
thanks bye bye

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I use Pinnacle Studio 9, I think the most recent version is 10, and it is really easy to use. It's got the capability to do a lot of stuff but you don't have to use any of it. You can even set it up to capture scenes every so many seconds which makes it really easy to edit, bascally highlight the scenes you want to delete from the movie. Also easy to select a scene to put in a title or what ever. Any way, I find it really easy to use.

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
oops, i thougt he wanted linux video editors :?

for windows, i personally love and use Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 :D

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
yup, you said your using pinnacle studio 9 ?

have you tried 10 yet. If not Don't. My brother bought it and he got totally boned.

pat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
No, haven't tried 10. 9 pretty much meets my needs.

Don't bother with 10. Full of bug, and not really performing better than 9 ATM.

You can read the post about it in the pinnacle forum

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
which is why i bought premeire elements, the price is around the same and it uses the same engine as premiere pro :D

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I want to check out Premier the next time I'm ready to upgrade. When I was first looking at video software Pinnacle was getting good reviews as was Premier but most reviews said Pnnacle was easier to use, which is always a consideration for me when first starting out. Now that I'm somewhat familiar with this stuff Premier is definitely worth a look.

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
espcially since some of the plugins that work on the full blown premiere pro will sometimes work on primere elements.

Also, if your using a DV camera than make sure you don't have any stream swtichers installed like morgan. it screws up the capture portion.

Jerbo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
Hello I'm new here
and I'm from Brazil so I can write some wrongs words xD
I wanna know if someone has a good software to edit videos
like movie maker...but it's very simple, and don't have many effects and transistions....So if anyone knows one good software about it
plz write here
thanks bye bye

the one i use, PresentaVid.com, is a simple editor but has a full set of different functions, so if you're interested, you can look it up

serge

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I noticed this thread is now almost 2 years old. Anyone have any recent video editing software suggestions (PE4, Pinnacle, Ulead, Sony Vegas, Power Director, Nero, etc.)? I plan to use Windows XP Pro 64-bit with a quad (Q6600).

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Powerproducergold is good and free with a LG dvd rewirter so are the others that have been mentioned. I have an OEM of it and I don't believe it would be wrong to make a ISO of it and share that