IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during repair- Please help!

Nixiefire

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Had my custom built computer running for a week with no problems. Then during a program it suddenly shut off. Upon restarting it, it gave me the error message: "Missing or corrupt C:/windows/system32/config/system"

So, I put their OEM windows CD in to repair it, and it starts to load some files but soon bluescreens with the message:"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
I know some things about computers, but not enough to save me from this without some help. Please tell me how this can be solved?
Thanks
:(

---------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if you guys have heard of Cyberpower, but I ordered a computer from them and NOBODY will help me. Spent quite a bit on it.

CPU: AMD64 4000+
HDD: 259 GB Western Digital 8 mb cache
MOBO: nForce4 Gigabyte GA-K8n SLI Pro
RAM: 2x512 Corsair High Preformance
VID card: Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

jkay69

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I get the same Blue Screen Of Death error when I attempt to shut down my computer while my Terratec 2400i TV tuner is on using Power Cinema 4.7.

I don't know how to fix it, tried re-installing all my drivers and ensuring they are all up to date, etc.

It only really seems to happen to me under the above circumstance, but I am also running an AMD processor, my spec is below;

CPU - AMD Athlon64 3700+ S939 (San Diego)
HS/F - Zalman CNPS7700-Cu
Mobo - Abit KN8 SLI (nForce 4)
Memory - Crucial Kit of 2 x 1GB PC3200 DIMMS (CT12864Z40B)
PSU - Tagan TG480-U22
GPU - Gainward 7900GT 512MB Golden Sample
TV Tuner - Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual DVB-T
HDD - Samsung SpinPoint 250GB SATA2
Case - Thermaltake MOZART HTPC with VFD and Remote

Now I ensure I close Power Cinema before I shut down the PC.

I do not Overclock any of my components.

If anyone else suffers from this, any assistance would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks

JKay6969

CMGXONLINE_COM

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Sounds like hardware conflict. Find out what IRQ that is and see what device is using it. I have had this problem before from a disabled soundcard.

You can try to take all the xpansion cards out and add one at a time to pinpoint what hardware is causing it.

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Well....working as a computr technician, I experienced this error on a laptop I was working on just last week. It had XP Home SP2 (ahhh....Home). Anyways, I was receiving BSOD's randomly, mostly on a cold boot. I tried a repair with no avail. I ended up reformatting the computer and installing XP Pro SP1 with the most up to date drivers from Dell. Seems to be running well, with no BSOD since.
That error is intialized and sent from the hardware. Basically, the error you are experiencing was sent from the hardware, NOT from the software. In this case, its either a hardware issue, or a driver issue causing the hardware to report the error. I would try the following:

1. Run Memtest86 (check memory)
http://www.memtest86.com

2. Remove all unneccessary hardware as stated above

3. Download Windows Debugger. This allows you to view dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump. There you can analyze the crash. Post the dump files on here.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

4. If all else fails, reformat.

**** I would not be surprised in the least if this is a XP SP2 problem.**** From my experience working in a school district with 2000+ computers, SP2 caused such problems in our testing, our dept. is still running XP Pro SP1.

My System:
http://amdgamingrig.dyndns.org