RockMelt Browser Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Google Chrome with higher system usage and improved FaceBook integration. So basically Google Chrome with two disadvantages.

And for those who can't live a minute without Facebook, there are plenty of extensions of that. FF has them, Chrome has them and before long Opera 11 will have them too... Heck, even Apple made Safari has them these days...

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Google Chrome with higher system usage and improved FaceBook integration. So basically Google Chrome with two disadvantages.And for those who can't live a minute without Facebook, there are plenty of extensions of that. FF has them, Chrome has them and before long Opera 11 will have them too... Heck, even Apple made Safari has them these days...[/citation]

Two things to consider...
1) The memory usage problem is something that can be fixed over time with new software. Every browser, at some point in its life, used more RAM that it should have. This is short term, really, not long term.
2) The Facebook integration is a problem for some and a bonus for others, it all depends on perspective, of course. There are a lot of compelling arguments to be made for and against, and it really boils down to your own personal viewpoint on third-party data sharing.

-Devin

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
thought those left and right icons are bookmarks....could have been a good idea..
i think, google chrome should allow tabs on the left and then hide the address bar if it's a problem.

bobwya

Distinguished
May 21, 2005
I've been thinking about setting up a startup company selling farmacuticallls... I've just found the perfect place to advertise it now!! :)

Oh sorry yeh... Browsers... Uhhm... MEH (yawns)

Status
Not open for further replies.