Apple Files 10 Claims Against Psystar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
It seems that Psystar is going to lose the case, in some form or another because its hard to deny that they "diluted Apples brand" but if you ask me, this case is going to be even worse for Apple's brand image than having clones.... in fact, isn't a clone a sort of compliment? Having a product that is good enough to want to duplicate... Hmm... didn't IBM lose a case similar to this with the PC and PC clone makers?

G

Does apple have enough money to go after every end-user installing their OS using http://www.efi-x.com/index.php?language=english

Welcome to EFiX?!
We proudly introduce to the world what probably is the most senseful hardware solution for a Mac? on a PC experience.It allows the user to install Mac OS X? straight from the original DVD without having to worry about patches, replacing files and anything like that.
That means you can buy a regular compatible PC, Mac OS X? and EFiX? and enjoy what the Mac users have always enjoyed:
Ability to install Mac OS X Leopard? and Leopard Server? from original retail DVD.
Average users can easily install Mac OSX? without fear of needing professional knowledge.
Update your system with official Apple® Updates.
On top of the benefits seen by Mac users from the start, EFiX? also brings some other advantages for users of standard PCs, such as:
Online updates of EFiX? firmware.
EMI & RFI protection.
An Interactive system boot selector.
Working power management Features such as Shutdown, Reset, etc.
EFiX? device and its entire working flow are patent-pending.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
I hope Apple totally gets their asses handed to them on a silver platter for this and takes it as a hint that consumers want to be able to buy their operating system and not their lousy hardware.

Case in point, all the users who have high end brands like Alienware or Falcon Northwest but simply want to be able to use OSX. These machines are much better than any Mac!

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Considering how many bribe taking government officials are using Apple because they are more expensive and "superior", I doubt Apple would lose this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.