Best High Capacity MP3 Player?

SnowWar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Hi there ppl,

Wondering if you can help me with some personal and maybe expert advice.

I am looking at buying a High Capacity MP3 player, thus probably the: Creative NOMAD Jukebox 20GB OR Archos Jukebox Recorder 20GB (I can find any other in that range)

* I like Creative and have always been a big supporter of there products and I like the idea of using my 5.1 speaker system with the DD & EAX that this little device has. etc.

* I do not know Archos or that much about Archos Jukebox. It looks pretty nice though.

So please ppl, give me info, opinions and advice on wich one you would buy and would recommend and why.

Thx

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I bought the Nomad Jukebox when it first came out 400$ UGGGG only 6gb, now they have the dam 20gb version for cheap as hell, compared to what i paid!...........Only Complaints, It's a bit big and can't really leave it in your pocket and walk around and stuff.... this thing is perfect for parties, Load a playlist and your set for HOURS! Another option i disliked TOTALLY!! was that you can't Fast Foward the dam song! that BLOWS!!

This Community is like a Second Family!!

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I have the creative nomad jukebox. I've had it for about a year and a half now.

I'm happy with it. Battery life isn't great, but I am able to have all my music on it.

I've heard really good things about the Archos, too. And it's smaller, I believe.

I would definitely recommend the NJB, but I would advise you to do a little online research - the Archos, from all I've heard, is quite good.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
good point, the Battery Life on the Nomad BLOWS!! thank god i barely ever use the battery's... i have the nomad Docked under my Tv hooked up to my surround System...

cons = Battery life, Can't Fast Foward the dam songs..

This Community is like a Second Family!!

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
cons = Battery life, Can't Fast Foward the dam songs..
Actually, Creative added a fast forward function in one of the firmware updates. Get any updates at <A HREF="http://www.creative.com" target="_new">their website</A>

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>