Status
Not open for further replies.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
You cant get a much better gaming experience and 10 times better overall sound quality for less than $150 with an audio technica AD700 and a clip-on zalman mic. All "gaming" headsets out there are pure rubbish.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
why would you say a50 head set is not as set for gaming compared to the a40 ? a50 is a overall better product and adds wireless. i cant count the times wireless helps me in gaming. you are gathering for an instance and your guild leaders talk about how you will succeed. you can go to the wc take some drinks from the fridge start some coffee and still be in the middle of the walk true. i can no longer use wired headsets.

G

I was able to listen to the samples at the E3 booth. They were funky as hell...so I will not wear them in public. The lights were not distracting.The 3 sound modes were okay. The surround sound is not true digital surround..meaning it is with the red and white audio plugs. Not the digital optical cable we so love. BUT!The simulated surround sound these headsets have makes it hard to believe they arent digital.
The wireless sounded fantastic! No popping distortion. Even with all of the background noise from the E3 showroom hall, the game audio was clear and detailed. I will be getting a pair for sure!They're going to be like having a fat chick sitting on my face..fun to wear inside the bedroom. But I don't want my friends seeing me doing it.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I hate this head set more than any other computer product I've ever used. Mic sounds like garbage. Head phones are less comfortable, less reliable than my fata1ity gaming headset I got for $15 on a newegg sale. For the love of everything holy people, do not buy this shit. No part of this peice of crap justifies $250. My mic wont work if I have the system setup via optical, but if I leave the system setup via usb then it sounds worse than my other head set. Its just a big ol' turd. Avoid astro products.

Status
Not open for further replies.