How to Gear Up For An MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallfern

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
If you get that laptop sell it, the gt555m in there is an overclocked 550gtm and it doesn't work I would know I bought it and it's a real work of rebranded piece of !@#$ that lenovo doesn't know how to fix, don't believe go to the lenovo forums and search in the y570 for gaming stuttering. There's no fixes for it and it makes the laptop impossible to use for any online game that requires reactions timings to keep a character alive.

randyzie

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
To much gimicky "gaming" things. I can see the naga being nice, but a simple filco or WASD keyboard would be well enough, especially unqiue because you can customize WASD to your liking. Gaming headsets? you're better off using a pair of real headphones and getting a clip on mic, ad700 are amazing for sound position (fps) and don't have that gimicky 7.1 or anything that increases the price. I guess I understand prebuilts, but you really should of mentioned building your own more.

randyzie

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I also think RIFT should have gotten a mention, very cheap game and get constant updates and pretty decent looking.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I just ordered an MSi 783 myself to replace my aging SAGER 9262. Got it with 580m GTX, i7 @ 2.2 - 3.2 w/ turboboost, 16GB of ram (it was free upgrade over 8gb lol, both of which are overkill), and a 120gb OCZ vertex 3 SSD. I'm always going out of state on business, sometimes out of country, and it's nice to have a sweet gaming rig to go with me, highly recommended that you get the MSi 783 if you're a gamer on the go (lan parties, business trips, deployments, etc).

As for MMO stuff, I have to disagree highly with the keyboard. I may be mistaken, but I think the corsair MMO keyboard only allows for the side macro keys to be set up as macros. The Razer Black Widow Ultimate allows for EVERY key on the keyboard to be re-allocated to another binding, or to a macro, or other function. This is an awesome feature! For example, in SWTOR I play a sentinal, which has many skills that aren't on Global Cooldown (can use them as fast as you can press them). I set up my 1 key to be a macro that instantly executes = - 0 9 8 and 7, and I have my in game quick bar set up in a manner so that this macro's 1 key uses my insta-cast buffs if they are up, then seamlessly does my big power builder attack, and if that isn't up, it does my standard power builder.

The ability to map any key as a macro, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to make MMOs much more enjoyable, as less time is spent slamming keys and more time focusing on the battle.

So unless corsair keyboard allows for all the keys to be macros, then the best buy would have to go to black widow ultimate for serious gamers.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
[citation][nom]papaswedine[/nom]FX-8120 quad-core? Thought that was an Octa-core part...[/citation]

Essentially, it is, but practically it isn't.

Heck, my spec are :i5 750, HD5850, ASUS P6T, 2x2GB DDR3 Corsair.

And I still play Cabal Online, Dragon Nest and Ragnarok Online :D

noobalert

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Well I got a Corsair Vengeance K90 Its a great keyboard, but they use cheep LED's. My first one lasted less then a week before I noticed the 3/# key had a Dead LED. Sent it back that cost me 15 bucks, wait two weeks for the replacement, and Corsair sent a replacement keyboard with another Dead LED on it. LOL what a joke, these guys are. I don't think I will use another Corsair product again.

kojinkin

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
You may have heard that Windows 8 is coming soon. But what you may not have heard is that you don’t have to wait to buy a new PC in order to get Windows 8 when it becomes available. Windows 7 PCs come out of the box with everything you need now and later – including Windows 8, for free, after it is released.

You'll also have the option to choose Windows 8 Pro – for just $14.99. That’s good thinking, too: invest
in an even more versatile and powerful version of Windows 8, and keeping getting the most from
your Windows PC for years to come.

So there's no need to wait. Get your computer now - and get Windows 8 later.

Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Display Features: Backlit Display, High-Definition, LCD Display, Widescreen
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Speed: Up to 1.7 Ghz
Processor Type: Intel Celeron B820
Cache Memory Installed Capacity: 2MB L3 Cache
System Bus Speed: Up to 1066 Mhz
System RAM: 4096 MB
Memory RAM Type: DDR3
Maximum RAM Supported: 8 GB
Total RAM Slots Free: 1 Free/2 Total
Data Storage Capacity: 320GB Hard Drive Capacity
Hard Drive Speed: 5400 RPM
Built-In Graphics Card Model: Intel HD Graphics
Optical Drive Type: CD-RW/DVD+R, Double Layer, DVD±R/RW
Maximum Read Speeds: DVD-ROM 8x, CD-ROM 24x
Maximum Write Speeds: CD-R 24x, DVD-RAM 5x, DVD+R 8x
Maximum Rewrite Speeds: DVD±RW 8x, CD-RW 24x
Wired Technology: 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0
Wireless Technology: Wi-Fi Enabled
Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Built-In Card Reader Type: Multi-in-1 Card Reader
Input Type: SD Card Slot, Microphone, USB, Headphone Jack, VGA, RJ-45
Output Type: Headphone Jack, VGA, HDMI
Audio Features: High Definition Audio Support, Built-In Speakers
Card Slots Supported: SD Card, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMedia Card (MMC), Memory Stick, xD-Picture Card
Built-In Webcam Features: Built-In 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
Battery Charge Life: Up to 4.5 Hours
I play mabinogi, need to know if this comp is good enough for it or how I can make it better

Status
Not open for further replies.