Four Remote Desktop Apps for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Good article, I tried all those out (thank goodness for the 15 minute grace period), but in the end, I preferred the Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client

cirslevin

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
you should mention that teamviewer connection is always encrypted, while some of others (e.g., splashtop) is not.

G

There is one very easy solution to all this - free Ammyy Admin
http://www.ammyy.com

It doesn't require installation or specific config. It works behind gateways NAT without port mapping as well as within one LAN.

Good alternative though!

G

If you are transmitting sensitive information using these apps you should try to understand how they participate in the information flow after you have cretaed a connection. For example I understand that teamviewer will create a connection between the two device and all infor,mation tehn passes trhough a "team viewer sever" ( I have used team viewer, remote desktop and hamachi). Other apps may create the connection but do not participate after the connection is made. I am no expert but there would be different levels of risk that should be considered when selecting an applicaction to suit your own purpose.

infoaliasgar

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Good article regarding selecting a remote support software. Also, in addition to logmein, teamviewer etc. there are other quality remote support solutions such as PC anywhere, gosupportnow, PC Now etc.

G

I'm trying to show a friend how to run a VPN and put remote-viewing software behind it. Maybe your next article? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.