Chubby Checker Sues HP Over Penis-measuring App

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackfire1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
"This lawsuit is about preserving the integrity and legacy of a man who has spent years working hard at his musical craft and has earned the position of one of the greatest musical entertainers of all time,"
Who?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The same idiot that hired a private helicopter to "rescue" him from New Orleans...but completely ignore people stranded on their houses or in small boats, etc.... That d-bag....

G

"We cannot sit idly and watch as technology giants or anyone else exploits the name or likeness of an innocent person with the goal of making millions of dollars. The Defendants have marketed Chubby Checkers' name on their product to gain a profit and this just isn't right," ...

"Chubby Checker and his legal representation are seeking $500 million in damages. However, WebOS Nation reports that the app, which was supposedly pulled in September of 2012, was downloaded less than one hundred times."

Remind me again, who is exploiting who for money?

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
There's just no end to the degree of humanity's stupidity and utter douchebaggery...god I wanna out of this planet as soon as possible...come on, NASA, how much long I should wait before you make that goddamn Luna colony? Argh! >%(

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
WHen I heard Chubby checker, the first thing I thought was a way to check the size of your chubby. And I never saw the app before in my life of heart about it.

So what Damages? How can you have damages on a stupid stage name? Obviously when he picked his name he didn't think it through. Its like one of those bad named chinese restraints.

Anyways the guy is only after money. And HP does not have much of a user base, so what damages? maybe only less then 1% of people who have smart devices might of seen that application. Very small percent. He should be lucky it was not on Android. and in fact someone should release this app on Android just for that reason since he is acting like a guy with a small tinny chubby.

BTW, who the F makes a app to check your penis size? What the hell where they thinking. Come on there is more useful things to make then that. stop wasting good talent on crap.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]hahahaha....why they didn't make it to iOS ....Apple would have sued by trillions[/citation]
There was one released for iOS....lol

G

His song is named after what I do to my "chubby" when I'm lonely?

And give it "The Twist."

Sorry, I never post here, but this is utterly sad.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]DookieDraws[/nom]I wonder if he would have sued if they had named the app Chubby Pecker?[/citation]
That wouldnt make much sense, chubby checker means it is checking your chubby. Pecker checker would work though.

PS: Why is he suing HP and not the developer that named it chubby checker?

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
He does more to damage his own image in light of highlighting his Chubby Checker woes to the world again xD

I had not even heard of this app before today. Gonna be hard to forget this new Twist on Chubby Checker ever again now lol

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Well it is one way to get his name in the news again give that no one had even heard or thought of him in years. The whole lawsuit is just a way to get his name known again and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.