Hacker Infiltrates TV Station, Launches Zombie Alert System

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
that didn’t stop at least four late-night viewers from calling the local police to see if the dead were actually walking about and attacking the local living.
So gullible, like the dead could ever rise from the grave in the first place. Zombie like virus? Now that is somewhat of a possibility.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Don't these hackers know about the boy who cried wolf? Now when the REAL zombie apocalypse begins, nobody will believe them! :)

chronium

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
It's not as good as the time that a hacker changed the video of a european news weather broadcast with a nuclear bomb explosion.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Not trying to be too critical, but the problem I have is with the idea that someone was able to hack the emergency alert system in the first place, and put on a TV station that itself doesn't have such a system. Yes, a fake zombie apocalypse sounds funny looking at it now and knowing it was a prank. But the story often forgotten about in the classic War of the Worlds broadcast incident is that there were people who died or were injured. It's like shouting fire in a crowded theater (although Montana isn't exactly a crowded theater). You may ask who is going to believe a zombie hoard is shambling through the streets, but I'm sure the question was who is going to believe aliens are invading before the War of the Worlds broadcast? The joke is funny looking back on it safely at a distance now, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as funny if someone's parent or grandparent had a heart-attack and died.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
If I was living in Montana and watching pancake infomercials ... I would welcome death by Zombie.

That said, Great Falls used to be a nice little town (went through there regularly in the late 80s / early 90s) too bad world war z seems to be starting there.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]DRosencraft[/nom]Not trying to be too critical, but the problem I have is with the idea that someone was able to hack the emergency alert system in the first place, and put on a TV station that itself doesn't have such a system. Yes, a fake zombie apocalypse sounds funny looking at it now and knowing it was a prank. But the story often forgotten about in the classic War of the Worlds broadcast incident is that there were people who died or were injured. It's like shouting fire in a crowded theater (although Montana isn't exactly a crowded theater). You may ask who is going to believe a zombie hoard is shambling through the streets, but I'm sure the question was who is going to believe aliens are invading before the War of the Worlds broadcast? The joke is funny looking back on it safely at a distance now, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as funny if someone's parent or grandparent had a heart-attack and died.[/citation]

wow... i stopped myself from writing something that would get me a sanction... probably, lets summarize it as a Darwin award winner if you belied this and offed yourself.

and lets also not take into account that the war of the worlds was narrated by orson wells. that guy could say almost anything and i would believe him .

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Pretty much agree with alidan on this one. Stupid enough to believe this crap, well that's on you.

Specially when they said their (zombies) are rising from the graves.. How stupid do you got to be to think that's possible? Now if they said a rabies virus was infecting people, and turning them into zombie like creatures then I could see some panic.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Pretty much agree with alidan on this one. Stupid enough to believe this crap, well that's on you.Specially when they said their (zombies) are rising from the graves.. How stupid do you got to be to think that's possible? Now if they said a rabies virus was infecting people, and turning them into zombie like creatures then I could see some panic.[/citation]

well, what is the human body controlled by... really a zombie like virus or more likely fungus or possibly a parasite isn't that far fetched.

in nature there is a fungus that more or less makes you a zombie,
there are viruses that can cause you to not act yourself, and if one of them took out the higher functioning part of your brain you could act like a zombie easily
and a parasite, assuming direct control could force the body to work even after normal death, science has chopped off the head of animals, and ran electricity through it to make the head work again, so a parasite could do something similar

granted each above is fairly extreme, and unlikely, but could happen. that fungus actually infects alot of liveing things but only really works on insects, a parasite would be a worm which takes controll of insects to get them to kill themselves...
fungus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8
i tried to find the one of the worm, but i cant find it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.